FX structure-supported options – increased flexibility, not costs
The perfect solution if your building not strong enough to support a wall mounted lift, or has a timber frame
Is your building not strong enough to support a wall mounted lift? Are you working with a timber frame building? No problem.
Our exclusive FX structure is designed to give you flexibility, as well as reducing building time and costs. We can supply a lift in its own structure, instead of using a conventional wall-mounted configuration. Unique to Stannah, the FX structure comprises a 'shaft within a shaft'. Erected by our engineers, it incorporates a lifting beam and negates the need for scaffolding within the shaft – saving both time and money on site.
Our steel structure has been supplied in hundreds of buildings across the UK and remains a popular solution in all sorts of new and existing buildings, when the walls are not considered strong enough to support a wall-mounted model, or you do not want to build a load-bearing wall.
Detailed Builders' Work drawings are produced for each client providing designers and builders with information on how to reduce problems with settlement on site.
The structure is available on our Piccolo low pit lift range, Maxilift 2.0 and Xtralift 2.0 passenger lift ranges. With over 2,500 FX structures installed, contact us to find out how this proven technology can help your project.
Save time, minimise disruption and save costs with the following elements:
- The load is transmitted to the floor of the pit, avoiding building a load-bearing lift shaft
- No need for a structural engineer to test the lifting load of the lifting beam (not required for our Piccolo lifts)
- Negates the need for shaft fixings normally associated with wall mounted lifts
- No need for a structural engineer to test the lifting load of the lifting beam
- Scaffolding is rarely needed to erect the lift
- Landing doors are fixed to the steel structure, which in turn is supported at each floor
- The structure is assembled within the lift shaft by Stannah
- Can be installed into existing lift wells with minimal builders work
- Designed and manufactured by Stannah in the UK
For Timber Framed Buildings
Our FX structure provides an innovative solution for timber framed buildings:
- Slipper plates that allow the building to move independently of the lift structure.
- Eradicated the risk of timber shrinkage damaging the lift and shaft
Please contact Stannah for more information.