Home-enhancing domestic lift products
We all love a little luxury in our homes, especially lifts designed to make life flow a little easier. At Stannah, we have a broad range of lifts for houses, able to move people and goods over two or more floors. Our elegant residential lifts enhance your home and your life.
Here's an overview of our home lifts in the UK:
What to consider when choosing a lift
Properties come in all shapes and sizes - and so do domestic lifts. In a new dwelling, a lift can be part of the architect’s plans and can fit seamlessly as part of the whole project. In an existing home, the lift needs to be placed around the current layout. When deciding between the categories you need to decide whether the lift will take people or goods and how many floors the lift will travel, what space you have the fit a lift in, as this all helps you to narrow down your search.
- For new developments, as often there are multiple plots speak to the lift company to decide the type of products you're likely to want within your development.
- For an existing home, get a survey, or discuss with your chosen lift supplier, to establish which product is most suitable.
- Choosing the style of the lift, what finishes are required? From glass shafts, custom walls, an array of door options to bespoke flooring, a lift is a sleek and stylish addition – not to mention a life-long practical choice.
- Once the type of lift and the finishes are decided, the lift installations will require involvement from a builder, but this varies depending on the type of lift.
- Whatever the chosen lift, within just a few days the lift is installed and ready for use. The possibilities of home lifts are endless, whether a service lift from garage to kitchen to the dining room or lift to take homeowners, family and guests around a home. It simply comes down to the space available and what you need to move.
||A typical passenger lift with sliding automatic doors with headroom and pit requirements.||Large existing /refurbished homes over two or more floors and new custom-built homes||6 or more people||Over 0.15m/s|
|Platform lifts||Existing/refurbished large to medium-sized properties or new build developments||These lifts enable up to five people to travel between several floors with a choice of door options||Up to 5 people||Up to 0.15m/s|
|Through-floor lifts||These lifts allow up to two people to travel between the ground and first floor||Existing smaller houses where space is limited and travel between the ground and first is only required||Up to 2 people|
|A dumbwaiter that enables food, groceries and other goods to be transported between floors.||New and existing houses with or 3 more floors, often where the kitchen, garage and/or dining area on different levels||Goods only||0.35m/s|