A comprehensive range of access lift solutions
We offer wheelchair platform lifts right across the UK to meet any requirement, from standard to bespoke platform lifts, every type and style is available, even where space is limited.
Our access lifts can be installed in new and existing buildings, complementing and blending into any environment, indoor or outdoors. Whether you’re looking for a disabled lift in a public building, a wheelchair lift in a school or care home, or even a bespoke platform lift to future-proof your home, we have the solution for you.
Our wheelchair platform lifts help building designers and owners to meet the requirements of Part M and BS 8300, as well as helping to meet Equality Act (formerly the DDA) obligations.
Our service is tailored to our customers. Whether it’s working with an architect to deliver the perfect outdoor lift specification; with a builder to install a disabled access lift to a tight project deadline; or with a building owner to put in a platform lift for disabled visitors, we support each and every one of our customers – from building design to construction and throughout the lifetime of the lift.
With over 150 years of lift expertise, you can rely on us to deliver a high-quality product and the service you expect.
Our platform lift ranges
|Platform lift |
|Internal / |
|Max speed||Max travel||Max load||Persons*|
|Step lift |
|Open platform, ideal for short travels||Constant pressure||Adjacent / through||Both||0.08m/s||2m||300kg (wheelchair and user)||1-2|
|Platform lift |
|Enclosed moving platform in a structure||Constant pressure||Single / adjacent / through||Both||0.15m/s||7m||400kg||5|
|Cabin Platform lift |
|Semi-enclosed cabin in a structure||Single-touch||Single / adjacent / through||Internal||0.15m/s||12m||400kg||5|
|Hybrid Platform lift |
|Low-speed passenger lift||Single-touch||Single / through||Internal||0.15m/s||12m||400kg||5|
|Inclined platform lifts that travel up and down staircases||Constant pressure||Available in 4 widths and a range of depths||Both||0.15m/s||–||225kg (wheechair and user)||1|
* All lifts suitable as wheelchair lift, for one wheechair user
Looking for something outside of our standard ranges?
We get involved in a variety of bespoke lifting solutions. Take a look at some of our platform lift case studies and read for yourself what a difference Stannah can make.
The first step is to get in touch with our technical team to discuss your project in greater detail.
Features and benefits
Built to last
With platform lifts designed for quality, reliability and safety, all our lifts have the relevant declaration of conformity, are CE marked and comply with the latest Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. Plus, our outdoor platform lifts are built to withstand the rigours of the external environment for years to come.
You can choose from a wide variety of design options which are not only unique, but incredibly stylish to ensure that your lift meets your specifications. Colours, glass, customisable flooring and more can be selected from a wide range of materials. Create the ultimate personal lift.
Safety & Standards
Safety is our utmost priority. So we make sure our lifts can help meet the requirements of The Equality Act, BS 8300:2018 (Parts 1 & 2), Part M of the Building Regulations (England and Wales) and Section 4.2 of the Technical Handbook (Scotland), covering the requirements that many new and existing buildings must meet to ensure ease of access and use.
Support every step of the way
From start to finish our dedicated team will be beside you. Once in service, your lift can be maintained in tip-top condition day in, day out, by our dedicated engineers. We offer:
Design & Planning
- Consultation with our design team on planning and specification – ensuring your lifts are the perfect fit and cost
- Attractive range of standard finishes, including stainless steel and bespoke cabin fit-out
- Technical data and NBS specifications downloadable online
- Ability to work around your operations, installing in hours that suit you and working with consideration for all involved
- Regular project planning and active communication during each phase of your lift project
- Clearly defined site requirements with proven, efficient and safe installation methods and full quality assurance at the handover
- Twelve-month warranty and servicing to ensure safe, continuous operation
- Local maintenance service 24/7, right across the UK, so an engineer is never far away
- One service provider – able to manage your complete lift, escalator & moving walkway portfolio – whatever the make or model