Our Midilift range provides a simple, cost-effective way to provide DDA access
Manufactured in the UK, the Midilift is a well-known vertical lifting platform lift – combining design versatility and intuitive use, with easy installation and reliable performance, offering maximum flexibility for any public, commercial or domestic building.
With more than 5,000 access lifts installed, the Stannah range of platform passenger lifts has provided easy access for all passengers, wheelchair users and the disabled right across the UK; from health care and education establishments to retail, offices and public buildings. Even as a home lift, when designing to future-proof your house, the Midilift offers a simple cost-effective solution.
A simple, straightforward access lift with hydraulic drive, the Midilift requires no lift shaft and it’s installed within its own structure supported enclosure, meaning minimal building work and quick installation time. Our hydraulic platform lifts require no pit and can be installed internally or externally. The external option means you have the perfect lift solution built for outdoors, able to withstand extreme temperatures and a 5-year anti-corrosion warranty. Our enclosed platform lifts also enable easy access to mezzanine floors or where there are headroom restrictions.
The Midilift range helps to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), Equality Act 2010, Part M of the Building Regulations, Section 4.2 of the Technical Handbook and BS8300:2018.
As one of the UK’s first platform lifts companies, many of our early lifts are over 20 years old and yet still in service – so you can rely on Stannah.
Our Midilift range at a glance
Our low-cost option for mezzanine floors – travels up to 3 metres with a half-height gate at the top. Ideal where there are headroom restrictions.
Offers the perfect solution for higher travels – reaches up to 7 metres and is ideal for an increased number of stops.
|Model*||Car Entrances||Load||Drive |
|Speed of |
|Power Supply||Lift |
|Midilift GL||Single / through / adjacent||400kg / 5 persons||Hydraulic||0.08m/s||3m||240v single-phase||Constant pressure||White RAL colours|
* Both models can be installed indoors and outdoors.
Features and benefits
With 3 platform sizes, a wide range of design options for the structure and platform, plus indoor and outdoor configurations available, there’s sure to be a Midilift to match your building requirements.
Easy to Operate
With large illuminated constant pressure call buttons, audible and visual notification of floors and travel, alarm button and emergency stop switch, the Midilift complies to all safety standards making it the ideal platform lift for any domestic and commercial environment.
Quick & Easy Installation
The wheelchair friendly Midilift is supplied in a structure supported frame for quick and easy installation. Plus, our engineers will safely install your lift, with minimal disruption, leaving you a lift to use for years to come.
Support every step of the way
From start to finish, you can rest assured, our technical team and experienced engineers will support you all the way. As your maintenance partner, Stannah will make sure your Midilift is being maintained in tip-top condition day in, day out.
Design & Planning
- NBS specifications, technical information, CAD blocks and BIM objects available to download
- Attractive range of standard finishes, plus bespoke options to match your building
- Our design team are happy to consult on planning and specification
- Our technical sales team will be happy to talk you through options, provide a quote or budget price
- We can arrange a site visit to help you choose the perfect lift
- From delivery to handover, our team will manage your lift project every step of the way
- Quick installation taking 1-4 days, depending on site conditions and lift travel
- Our engineers will install your Midilift with minimal disruption to your premises, working to hours that suit you
- Once the installation is complete, we test, commission and UKCA mark your lift
- All of our Midilift’s are UKCA marked and comply with the latest Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- 1-year warranty with 4 service visits included as standard
- 5-year anti-corrosion warranty on all external lifts
- Local lift maintenance across the UK – with maintenance and repair services (incl. 24/7, 365 days a year if required)
- Supply of genuine spare parts to prolong your lift’s life
- One service lift provider – able to manage your complete lift portfolio – whatever the make or model