A platform stairlift perfectly designed for use over stairs
Our Stairiser inclined platform lifts provide the ideal access solution for public or commercial buildings which can't fit a vertical platform or passenger lift. These versatile inclined stairlifts can carry one person safely over a flight of stairs, seated either in a wheelchair or the choice of a person seated on the lift seat provided.
Our Stairiser is one of the slimmest wheelchair platform stair lifts available in the market. Simple to use and operate by the wheelchair user, it is the ideal addition, offering easy and safe access to your building. An unobtrusive design means when not in use the folding platform and barrier arm ensure the wheelchair lift folds neatly up and leaves the stairway free for pedestrian use.
Our range of wheelchair lifts for buildings is suitable for both straight and curved staircases. Typically used in existing buildings, the wheelchair lift can be wall-mounted or stanchion mounted, or a combination of both to enable fixing whatever the building restrictions. It’s suitable for indoor or outdoor external use, plus it’s neat and compact design means the installation can take as little as one day – leaving you being able to provide access for all in your building.
With more than 10,000 Stannah platform lifts installed across the UK, you can find our lifts in churches, schools, care homes, listed buildings, hotels and retail units. For any busy building where space is at a premium, our Stairiser offers the ultimate access solution.
Contact us to discover how we can help you with your individual requirements. We will support you every step of the way, from design and throughout the lifetime of your lift - trust in Stannah.
The Stairiser range at a glance
Designed to accommodate the needs of a straight rail over a single flight of straight stairs.
Designed to cover the needs on a curved rail, making it suitable for any run of stairs with a single turn or multiple landings. This model also allows the platform to be parked away from the stairs.
|Speed of |
|Power Supply||Drive Power||Noise |
|Stairiser SR||Each available in 4 widths and a range of depths||225kg (wheelchair and user combined)||Battery-powered positive rack and pinion||0.1m/s||230V single phase||0.5kW||<60dB||0°-47°||300mm (max)||Constant pressure buttons on platform, remote attendant control|
|Stairiser CR||Traction rope drive||0.06-0.12m/s||Dependent on lift configuration||0°-45°||301mm (max)|
* Both models can be installed indoors and outdoors.
** Wall-mounted depths quoted, for stanchion please refer to the brochure.
Features and benefits
Flexible & Slim Design
When the wheelchair stairlift is not in use the platform folds neatly away, leaving the stairway free for pedestrian use.
A choice of fixing methods, parking options and drive layouts make it ideal for restrictive landing spaces and building limitations.
Easy to Operate
Easy to use constant pressure controls allow wheelchair users (or others) to operate it independently.
The lift stops automatically at the upper and lower landings and the intuitive controls allow the user to stop the lift at any time.
Safety & Standards
Built-in safety features mean it's impossible to operate the lift until the barrier arms and ramps are folded in place.
Complies with the Equality Act 2010, EN81-40 Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts and with the latest Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Support every step of the way
From start to finish our dedicated team will be beside you. Once in service, your Stairiser can be maintained in tip-top condition day in, day out, by our dedicated engineers.
Design & Planning
- All technical information and NBS specifications are available to download
- Attractive range of standard finishes, plus bespoke options to match your building
- Consultation with our design team on planning and specification
- Free site visit to find the perfect lift for you or our technical team can provide you with quotes or estimates
- Not sure what you’re looking for? Speak to our expert technical support team who will be happy to talk you through the options
- Our dedicated team will manage the installation of your chosen Stairiser from delivery to handover
- All our wheelchair stairlifts can be wall-mounted or stanchion floor-mounted, or a combination of both to enable fixing whatever the building restrictions
- Our engineers will install your Stairiser with minimal disruption to your premises, working to hours that suit you
- Typically installation time is 1-2 days for our Stairiser SR and 3-5 days for our Stairiser CR range
- Once the installation is completed, we test, commission and CE mark your lift
- Twelve-month warranty & servicing included as standard
- Our preventive local maintenance ensures safe, continuous operation, with options for 24/7, 365 days a year cover right across the UK
- Local maintenance service right across the UK, so an engineer is never far away
- Supply of genuine spare parts to prolong your lift’s life
- One service provider – able to manage your complete wheelchair platform lift