Our steel frame lift structure makes passenger lift installation possible for any building
Is your building not strong enough to support the standard passenger lift loads and fixings? Light-weight construction methods or timber frame building? No problem.
With over 2,500 FX structures installed, our steel frame structures are designed to give you flexibility, as well as reducing building time and costs. Unique to Stannah, our structure incorporates a lifting beam and negates the need for scaffolding within the shaft – saving both time and money on site. The FX structure is ideal in existing buildings where the shaft is unable to take the required load or a historic site where preservation is key. The frame is also well suited to new buildings, built with light-weight construction methods, where fast construction speed and cost is of main concern.
Our steel structure has been supplied in hundreds of buildings across the UK and remains a popular solution in all sorts of new and existing buildings, when the walls are not considered strong enough to support a wall-mounted model, or building a load-bearing wall is out of the question.
- The load is transmitted to the floor of the pit, eliminating the need to build a load-bearing blockwork shaft and shaft fixings
- Unique slipper plate design allows the building to move independently of the lift structure, eradicating the risk of timber shrinkage or building shrinkage damaging the lift and shaft
- Lifting beam is built into structure
- Safe & quick installation - the structure is assembled on site as a scaffoldless installation
- Can be installed externally & internally, as well as into existing lift wells with minimal builders work
- Designed & manufactured by Stannah in the UK
We have a broad range of experience of working with lift structure and frames and are always confident that we can provide the solution our customers are looking for. We offer the FX structure on our 8 person (630kg) passenger lifts as standard and technical details can be found in our download area. Looking for another size? We offer alternative options across the range, therefore, it’s always worth getting in touch with the Stannah technical team to discuss your project.