A vertical platform lift with the look and feel of a passenger lift
Our Stannah Piccolo range of low-speed lifts combines the benefits of a platform lift with the features of a conventional passenger lift, and as such includes a full lift car, sliding landing doors and automatic controls. The Piccolo lift has become the alternative to both a passenger or platform elevator, with minimal builders’ work required and quick installation, they blend smoothly into any building.
Manufactured by Stannah in the UK, the Piccolo low-speed lift is ideal for low-rise, low-usage applications. These small passenger lifts can be used in a variety of building applications including housing, retail stores, offices, schools and even as a home lift. The Stannah Piccolo lift offers an affordable solution for most building applications, particularly where space is limited.
Choose from a traditional wall-mounted configuration or our unique FX structure option, which offers reduced construction costs and is an ideal solution for timber-framed and existing buildings. The Piccolo is a low pit lift which might look like a small elevator, but it can carry up to 5 users, including passengers with disabilities and wheelchair users. It’s the ideal solution for travel up to 12m through a smooth hydraulic system.
The hybrid lift meets the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, Part M of the Building Regulations, Section 4.2 of the Technical Handbook and BS8300:2018 and comes with the relevant declaration of conformity.
With thousands of Stannah lifts installed all over Britain, you‘ll find our elevators are improving access across all market sectors, from offices, schools, public buildings and even domestic establishments. Plus with nationwide lift services covering the whole of the UK, you can rely on Stannah when the unexpected happens!
The Piccolo range at a glance
|Speed of |
|Power Supply||Lift |
|400kg / 5 persons||Hydraulic – pump and motor housed in a separate housing||0.15m/s||12m||240v single-phase||Fully automatic cabin controls||2-panel side open door with full height light ray protection||Automatic controls with 2hr fire-rated sliding doors|
* Comes in 3 platform sizes and separate depending on the doors’ configurations
** In all configurations the dimensions of Pit depth = 150mm and Headroom = 2500mm remain the same
Features and benefits
Our small low-speed passenger lift comes with 3 platform sizes, both single and through door configuration, and a wide variety of finishes to choose from.
Piccolo compliments any building interior with its simplicity of design and ease of use.
Easy to Operate
Wheelchair accessible, our Piccolo comes with automatic button controls and audible notification of floor level and travel direction.
It provides a smooth and safe ride for every passenger including disabled people, wheelchair users, parents with prams and the elderly.
Quick & Easy Installation
When you are looking to simplify your building programme, Stannah Piccolo is your choice.
The elevator can be mounted in a purpose-built or existing shaft with no lifting beam required (shaft by others) with fewer builders' works required and quicker installation time compared to a traditional passenger lift.
Support every step of the way
From start to finish, you can rest assured, our technical team and experienced engineers will support you all the way. For over 150 years, we have built our reputation not as just a trusted, independent UK passenger and platform lift company but as lift services provider as well.
Following all essential health and safety requirements, as your lift maintenance contracts partner, Stannah will ensure your lift is kept in tip-top condition.
Design & Planning
- Technical datasheets, CAD blocks and NBS specifications are available to download
- A comprehensive variety of finishes, plus bespoke options to meet your design vision
- Free consultation on planning and specification by our design team
- Our technical sales team will be happy to discuss all the available options, provide a quote or budget price
- We can arrange a site visit to help you choose the perfect lift
- Our project team will supervise your lift project, visiting the site to advise – assisting from installation to handover
- Installation between 5-12 days, depending on the builders’ works
- Our engineers will install your Piccolo with the slightest interruptions to your building
- Following lift installation, we test, commission and UKCA mark your lift
- Compliant with the current Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- 12-month warranty with 4 service visits included as standard
- Local lift maintenance services across Great Britain, including 24/7, 365 days a year if required
- Supply of genuine safety components and spare parts to increase your lift’s life
- One service lift provider, no matter the make and model of your lifting equipment
- We offer all types of maintenance contracts regardless of the size of your portfolio