Lifts for heritage listed and historic buildings
Our access options complement the character of heritage buildings
We work with many of the UK's leading heritage sites, to improve access without compromising the unique character of each building.
For custodians of historic environments, it’s a common challenge. How do you improve access in a way that is in keeping with the building itself, and meets both the Listed Building Regulations and Equality Act 2010?
Solving access problems at heritage sites
At Stannah, providing lifts for historical and listed buildings has become something of a speciality. We help architects make a statement, work with English Heritage for the perfect lift solution and facilities managers to accomplish their lift maintenance and repair responsibilities. We also customise lifts to blend in and install lifts aboard the SS Great Britain herself!
With our expert knowledge of lifts for heritage, our engineers can help all building professionals with their projects, from a bespoke lift installation to reviving an existing lift. And because we have such a broad range of lift options and lift services to choose from, we can often improve disabled access where no solution seemed possible. For example:
- Small-footprint Piccolo lifts, giving a passenger lift feel in a limited space
- Versatile Midilift platform lifts, for wheelchair users, access without a pit or machine room
- Fold-away platform stairlifts, for both straight and curved staircases
- Passenger lifts with our unique FX construction, minimising the load on the building itself
- Breathing life into 80-year-old lifts while maintaining their historical facade
A broad range of answers, and a creative approach
Most importantly, we listen carefully to what you want to achieve. And we work alongside you to find an answer to your own, unique challenge.
After all, we have 150 years of heritage of our own.