Stairiser SR and CR – Inclined Platform Lifts
Indoors or outdoors, ensure access for all with our wheelchair platform stairlifts
Our Stairiser inclined platform lifts are an ideal access solution if your public or commercial building cannot accommodate a vertical platform lift or passenger lift. These inclined stairlifts carry one person safely over a flight of stairs, seated in a wheelchair or on the lift seat provided (option).
The range features two models:
The Stairiser SR wheelchair lifts are designed to run on a straight rail over a single flight of straight stairs.
The Stairiser CR wheelchair lifts are designed for use on a curved rail, making it suitable for any run of stairs with a single turn or multiple landings. It also gives the added functionality of being able to park the platform away from the stairs.
We have installed wheelchair stair lifts throughout the UK in a number of different types of building, including churches, schools, care homes, listed buildings, hotels and retail units and they're ideal for a busy building where space is at a premium.
Benefits at a glance
Built-in safety features mean it's impossible to operate the lift until the barrier arms and ramps are folded and in place. Equipped with soft start/stop it also stops automatically if it meets an obstruction on the staircase.
Easy to use constant pressure controls allows wheelchair users (or others) to operate it independently. The lift stops automatically at the upper and lower landings and the controls allow the user to stop the lift at any time.
Unobtrusive design - so when the wheelchair stairlift's not in use there's a folding platform. So it folds neatly away to leave the stairway free for pedestrian use.
Versatile -can provide access to less mobile individuals as well as wheelchair users and is suitable for both internal and external use.
The Stairiser range at a glance
|Standard load||225kg wheelchair and occupant|
|Speed of travel||Up to 0.15m/s, depending on model|
|Choice of sizes||Each available in 4 widths and a range of depths|
|Drive system||SR: Battery powered positive rack and pinion
CR: Traction rope drive
|Platform depth (folded)||SR: 362mm (max)
CR: 315mm (max)
|Staircase width required*||SR: 1200mm
|Lift controls||Constant pressure buttons on platform, remote attendant control|
|Power supply||230v single phase|
* If your staircase is close to this dimension it may still be possible to accommodate a Stairiser. Please contact us to discuss further and where required can provide FREE site visits to check dimensions.
Installation - All our Stairisers can be wall mounted or stanchion floor mounted subject to loading tolerances. Typically installation time is 1-2 days for our Stairiser SR and 3-5 days for our Stairiser CR range.
Safety - The Stairiser range complies with the Equality Act, EN81-40 Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts, Part M of the Building Regulations (England and Wales) and BS8300:2018 Code of practice. All of our Stairisers are CE marked and comply with the latest Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Why choose Stannah?
- We’re a reputable, independent family-owned company with over 150 years of lift expertise.
- We’ve supplied more than 5,000 platform lifts right across the UK in the last ten years.
- We offer free site visits, quotes and provide expert guidance with no obligation.
- We provide hassle-free supply and installation, ensuring minimal disruption to keep your business running.
- Plus all our stair lifts come with a 12-month warranty for your peace of mind.
- Plus unlike some other suppliers, we have a network of our own Stannah service branches UK-wide to ensure continued lift servicing and maintenance - available 24/7, 365 days a year.